Monday, October 31, 2011

Women's Day at Jjogo Community Church




Hannah's Daughters in Traditional Dress

Our son, Emmanuel's mother leading worship
So blessed to have Christine as a Sister in Christ

Dancing for the Lord 

Preaching in my African Attire
Momma Phoebe took me shopping

Dinner on the Grounds

Let's Eat

"I will Rise"

Sharing our Lives

Women of Jjogo
Black and White thanks to the church children helping Ben take the snap
OPPS!

On Sunday, we celebrated the ladies of Jjogo Community Church. I, Rebecca, wanted to spend some time fellowshipping with and blessing the beautiful women of Jjogo. The worship was lead by the women's group, Hannah's Daughters. They were wonderful and all dressed in the traditional Ugandan dress. I was asked to preach, which was a big stretch, but God was faithfully and blessed the word. We then had a catered lunch at the church for all the ladies and children. When we had finished, we gathered together again for worship. Abigail and Elizabeth choreographed a dance to "I will Rise", by Chris Tomlin, to share with the ladies. I am very proud of the girls for working hard together and performing beautifully. Then Phoebe and I sat together with the ladies and had a time of sharing and questions. I shared what it was like to be a muzungu in America and what my life there is like. This time really showed me some big differences in our cultures and parts of their lives that are hard and difficult. I would like to encourage all of my sisters in the US, to pray for our sisters in Christ around the world who are dealing with very difficult situations and hardships. We serve a loving God, who knows our joy and our pain. Who is with us always no matter where we go. What a wonderful day we shared together. Thank you Women of JCC. You have blessed me more than you will ever know. To God be the Glory!

2 comments:

  1. My heart is bursting with happiness over this day and how proud I am of you, Rebecca Bobo, and little Bobo women:) I am overwhelmed with happiness to think of those precious and beautiful women in jjogo being treated to a day of fellowship, worship, Gods word, and great food!! Women and women everywhere and need each other!! Missing my friend and love you!! Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wise I had been there with all of you. It sounds like such a lovely and Spirit filled day. I am so proud of my daughter and granddaughters. You are a blessing whereever you go. Love you, Mom (Granny)

    ReplyDelete